- This event has passed.
Sober Coaching & Sober Companion Training
May 9, 2016 @ 10:00 am - May 13, 2016 @ 6:00 pm£1475.00
Sober Services is delighted to partner with The Road To Recovery Trainers to offer “Certified Recovery Coach & Sober Companion Training” for individuals and agencies engaged in recovery services and/or coaching.
A Certified Recovery Coach & Sober Companion is anyone interested in promoting recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery and serving as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking or already in recovery.
This training is a five-day training opportunity designed for those interested in becoming actively involved in serving as a certified Recovery Coach & Sober Companion.
The training will provide participants a comprehensive overview of the purpose and tasks of a Recovery Coach & Sober Companion and will explain the various roles played by a Recovery Coach & Sober Companion. The training will provide participants tools and resources useful in providing recovery support services and emphasizes the skills needed to link people in recovery to needed supports within the community that promote recovery.
Unequivocally, certified Recovery Coaches & Sober Companions do not provide clinical services. They do, however sometimes work with people experiencing difficult emotional and physical states. As a result, the training provides participants with a basic understanding of substance use and mental disorders, crisis intervention and how to respond in crisis situations. In addition, skills and tools on effective communication, motivational enhancement strategies, recovery action planning, cultural competency and recovery ethics will be offered.
The Road to Recovery Coach Academy training includes science based methods such as CRAFT (Community Reinforcement Approach and Family Training), REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Training). MI (Motivational Interviewing), Stages of Change and The 4-Point Program which includes the ABC Method.
Learning Objectives for the Certification Recovery Coach & Sober Companion Training
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the roles and functions of a recovery coach & sober companion
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Discuss co-occurring disorders and medicated assisted recovery
- Describe stages of change and their applications
- Address ethical issues
- Experience wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Synopsis of the Five Day Training
- Day 1: The focus on Day One of the Exponents Recovery Coach & Sober Companion Training Program is to create a safe learning environment where new knowledge transfer can occur and basic assumptions and values can be challenged. Furthermore, participants will get a firm foundation in terminology, role clarification, knowledge about the different kind of addictions such as process, chemical and destructive behavior.
- Day 2: The focus of Day Two is to examine the optimal ways of working with people. Both knowledge acquisition and skill development in our role as recovery coaches & sober companion will be accomplished.
- Day 3: Day Three has a knowledge acquisition on recovery models and change models as well as a strong focus on skill development in motivating others to change.
- Day 4: Day Four has two distinct components: knowledge and skill development on issues of spirituality, cultural competence and ethics; an immersion into the recovery resources in different cities and how to access them.
- Day 5: Day Five is primarily concerned with the actualization of becoming a recovery coach & sober companion. and responsibilities and appropriately closing a 5 day training experience.
Leave a Reply